NEWS & EVENTS
all community events are canceled until further notice.
Prairie Bluffs Senior Living is always bustling with activities. Our residents live happy, independent, and healthy lives, enhanced by engaging social outings, educational programs, and on-site events. At Prairie Bluffs, our social calendar is resident-driven. Each day is filled with exciting and enriching opportunities, from robust fitness programs to live performances.
As a close-knit community, we keep our residents informed through a monthly newsletter with an upcoming schedule and highlights from our caring associates.
Contact us to learn more.
Current and Sailor - Local Business Today
Prairie Bluffs Senior Living offers a worry-free lifestyle and pet-friendly community. If you want it all and you want it all in one place, Prairie Bluffs Senior Living is the place to call home. To learn more about our Local Business Today feature in Current and Sailor click HERE.
ILLNESS PREVENTION STATEMENT
To Our Residents and Family Members: KEY STRATEGIES FOR COVID-19 PREPAREDNESS
Given the congregate nature and population we serve (older adults often with underlying chronic medical conditions), our residents are at an increased risk of serious illness due to COVID-19. As the number of infections continues to rise across the nation and in the state of Minnesota, we anticipate the eventuality of cases directly affecting our community in the immediate future.
Based on updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health, we have a plan in place and are taking additional steps to help mitigate the spread of the virus in our community and ensure the continued safety of our residents and associates.
Additional preparedness strategies include:
- Implementation of all COVID-19 preparedness recommendations BEFORE cases are identified
- Address asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic transmission including taking associates’ temperature twice daily
- Designate an area within the building to care for residents with suspected or confirmed COVID-19; implement a special staffing plan for that location
- Initiate measures to optimize supply of PPE for healthcare staff members
- Quickly identify and manage severe illness
We understand how difficult this situation has been for everyone. Our residents’ health and safety is our number one priority and we continue to follow social distancing protocols. However, we are making every effort to ensure engagement and connection with family members and loved ones, as well as continued fun and laughter throughout our beloved community.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact the Office of the Executive Director directly. Thank you for your continued support, understanding, and patience as we navigate these unprecedented circumstances.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS): https://www.cms.gov/
Minnesota Department of Health: https://www.health.state.mn.us/
STEPS WE’RE TAKING TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE:
- We are eliminating all outings to public spaces including grocery stores, religious services, shopping malls, theaters, and casinos.
- We are closing all resident self-service dining venues.
- We are postponing or cancelling all community events and our social events until further notice.
- We strongly recommend that residents cancel or postpone all upcoming travel, including flights and cruises.
- Residents returning to the community following a hospital stay must be screened prior to their arrival.
- Adding supplemental screening measures for new residents to ensure they have not been exposed.
- Prohibiting building access to those residents who have reason to believe they or someone they’ve been in close contact with have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Prohibiting building access to anyone who has traveled abroad in the past 14-days or anyone sharing a household with a person who has traveled abroad in the last 14-day.
Additional cleaning protocols include:
- Regular cleaning and sanitizing of all high-traffic common areas such as dining rooms and activity spaces.
- Regular cleaning of high touch point areas including handrails, door handles, elevator buttons, and faucets.
- Implementing strict handwashing procedures per CDC guidelines for all associates.
- Supplying our associates with the appropriate protective clothing, such as gowns and gloves, in the event they interact with a resident who appears to be symptomatic.
Residents and family members are asked to:
- Update emergency contact information to ensure we have the most recent data. Please reach out to our Executive Director or Director of Nursing to update your phone number or email address.
- Practice appropriate handwashing: use soap and water and wash hands for a MINIMUM of 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face – eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough: if you need to cough or sneeze, do so into the crook of your elbow. Discard used tissues in the trash and immediately wash your hands.
- Avoid shaking hands and hugging.
- Use the alcohol-based hand sanitizer found throughout the building.
If you are a resident and experience a cough, fever, sore throat, running nose, and/or shortness of breath, please stay inside your apartment and contact an associate immediately.
We learned about Prairie Bluffs in its initial construction stage and contacted Stephanie Frederick. At that time, she had no office, but we reached her on her cell phone and she handled our questions very promptly and professionally. Each time we spoke with her, we came away informed and assured we would be able to find what we wanted/needed in senior housing at Prairie Bluffs. Colin Golden then contacted us when floor plans were available for us to see. We met with him and he went over them with us in detail. He arranged for us to visit the unit we had selected before it was completed. It has been a pleasant and comfortable process thus far and we are looking forward to our move in the very near future. This will be a positive change in our lives.Read More Testimonials Here >